Comtech Group Inc. (Comtech) is a multidisciplinary consulting firm providing professional services in Program and Project Management, Engineering, Technology and Project Capacity Services spanning multiple industry sectors, with offices across North America. With full-lifecycle consulting services from concept through to commissioning, Comtech provides scalable solutions to deliver capital programs and projects, ranging from the management, control and delivery of multi-billion dollar urban rapid transit programs to complex capital initiatives for industrial manufacturers, public utilities and power generators.
Comtech is engaged with Public and Private sector clients within the Transportation & Infrastructure, Industrial & Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities and Buildings & Facilities sectors. Leveraging our comprehensive range of technical, engineering and project management services, we are actively building and nurturing long-term relationships with our clients, employees and the communities we support. In support of our capital programs/projects and continued growth, Comtech is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Risk Specialist.
- Support preparation of procedures and work instructions related to risk and opportunity management
- Assisting in developing Risk Breakdown Structure aligned with project WBS and CBS
- Support preparation of risk training materials and train project team on the principle of risk management
- Provide technical support to the management of project risk through the facilitation of regular risk reviews at the project and program level
- Maintain risk registers at the project and program level
- Perform quantitative cost and schedule risk analysis using OPRA (Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis) and ability to provide the interpretation of analysis results
- Prepare detailed project and program risk reports including P50 and P80 cost and schedule risk exposures
- Responsible for following with risk owners to assure the mitigation actions are on track
- Ensure that all program team members comply with the risk management plan, procedures, requirements of an assigned scope of work
- Reviewing Contractors progress reports and identifying the risks impacting project cost and schedule and reflect them in the risk register
- Prepare schedules to be used for quantitative schedule risk analysis and defining the link between risks and schedule activities
- Working closely with Cost team to monitor project contingency utilization and alignment with cost risk exposures
- Provide input to Reporting team for project and program level reporting
- 5-8 years of related experience
- Exposure to industry-standard software packages and applications – Active Risk Manager (ARM), Oracle Primavera Risk Analyzer (OPRA) and etc.
- Experience in using Primavera P6 and MS ProjectBachelor of Engineering or Analytical Degree/equivalent qualification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and Risk Management qualification is considered an asset
- Excellent people skills and ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent MS Office skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Comtech Group Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources @ Comtech by emailing – email@example.com
Comtech Group offers our employees a competitive compensation package with comprehensive employee benefits and an environment that fosters teamwork & entrepreneurial spirit. Comtech Group is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit your resume in MS Word format to Comtech Group via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.