Metrolinx Next Wave (NW) Program
In 2015, Comtech was selected to be a strategic Program Management Consulting partner with Metrolinx to provide Program Management consulting services for the Next Wave Rapid Transit Program. The Next Wave Program consists of Metrolinx’s next group of Rapid Transit projects outlined in its $50 Billion "The Big Move" Regional Transportation Plan. This investment in urban rapid transit includes two new Light Rail Transit (LRT) projects as well as ongoing GO Bus Infrastructure (BI) projects. The Next Wave projects that form the scope of work for this ambitious program are described further below:
- Hurontario-Main LRT: Will add 20 kilometers of LRT from Port Credit to Brampton. With 22 stops, the Hurontario-Main LRT will run in a dedicated right-of-way, outside of traffic and will also have a Maintenance and Storage facility situated at Hurontario and Hwy. 407. The Hurontario-Main LRT project is being delivered using the Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP) delivery model.
- Hamilton King-Main LRT: Will add approximately 14 kilometers of LRT from McMaster University to Eastgate Square with 17 stops. The project is being delivered using the Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP) delivery model.
- GO Bus Infrastructure Program: The GO Bus Infrastructure projects will enhance the GO Bus system in terms of the construction of various bus facilities; ranging from small scale projects such as bus shelters to larger projects such as the Mississauga Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system.
Comtech is providing strategic Program Management consulting services to support the successful initiation, planning, design, construction, monitoring and control of the projects that form the Next Wave Program. Our consultant team is working within Metrolinx’s integrated, matrix delivery structure forming a collegial partnership to support Metrolinx in managing multibillion dollar rapid transit infrastructure projects simultaneously.
Comtech’s consultant team is providing full-scope Program Management services for the Next Wave Program including, but not limited to:
- Owner’s Representation
- Program Management and Program Control Services
- Program/Project Planning and Scheduling
- Program/Project Reporting
- Contract Management and Contract Administration
- Claims Analysis and Dispute Resolution
- Program Audit and Compliance
- Program Management Information System (PMIS) Development, Implementation and Management
- Business Systems Implementation, Integration and Change Management
- Program Accounting and Cost Control
- Change Management and Control
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Risk Management