Metrolinx GO Expansion Program
In 2015, Comtech was selected to be a strategic Program Management Consulting partner with Metrolinx to provide Program Management consulting services for the GO Expansion Program. The GO Expansion Program is part of an Ontario Budget commitment to invest $29 billion in transit infrastructure across Ontario over 10 years, with $15 billion dedicated to transit in the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area (“GTHA”).
This investment in transit includes electrified service on Metrolinx owned GO Transit corridors with 15-minute frequencies in core areas. Service will run in both directions, throughout weekdays, in evenings and on weekends providing for a “two-way all day” transportation system. A mix of all-stop and express service will meet demand and reduce travel times. The GO Transit rail network consists of seven (7) radial feeder corridors: Barrie, Kitchener, Lakeshore East, Lakeshore West, Milton, Richmond Hill and Union Station Rail Corridor that converge into the system hub in downtown Toronto.
Electrification, new stations, facility expansions, parking structures and rail infrastructure works are planned over the next 10 years including the construction and/or infrastructure enhancements of railway bridges, culvert widening, rail to rail grade separations, road / rail crossings, train turning, layover and maintenance facilities, station/platform rehabilitation, signaling and communications infrastructure, track work, noise walls and vibration mitigation, retaining walls, corridor fencing, grading and utilities relocation.
Comtech is providing strategic Program Management consulting services to support the successful initiation, planning, design, construction, monitoring and control of the projects that form the RER Program. We are providing a proven program management framework built on a foundation of proven best practices, processes and cutting-edge program management and project controls tools.
Based on our proven success on the Metrolinx Rapid Transit Programs, our team is working collaboratively with Metrolinx to develop, implement and manage the implementation and administration of the new program management information system (PMIS) for the delivery of the complex projects that form the RER program.
We are currently providing full-scope Program Management Services for the RER Program including, but not limited to:
- Owner’s Representation
- Full-Scope Program Management and Control
- Program/Project Planning
- Schedule Development, Management and Control
- Budget Management and Control
- Cost Management and Control
- Contract Management and Administration
- Claims Analysis and Dispute Resolution
- Project Change Management
- Risk Management and Mitigation
- Program/Project Reporting
- Program Management Information Systems (PMIS) Implementation and Management
- Business Systems Implementation and Management
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Program Accounting and Financial Administration
- Program Audit and Compliance
- Document Management and Control
- Stakeholder Management
- Training and Knowledge Transfer Management