Metrolinx Rapid Transit (RT) Program
In 2012, Comtech was selected to be a strategic Program Management Consulting partner with Metrolinx to provide Program Management consulting services to support the successful delivery of the Rapid Transit (RT) Program. The RT Program is one of the most ambitious transit expansion programs in North America and is part of Metrolinx’s Regional Transportation Plan — a 25-year, $50 Billion plan that will transform regional transportation across the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA). The RT Program will help drive economic growth, reduce travel and connection times and improve quality of life in the GTHA.
The ambitious RT program includes the delivery of the following Light Rail Transit (LRT) projects:
- Eglinton Crosstown LRT (ECLRT): will add 19 kilometers of new rapid transit along Eglinton Avenue. The ECLRT project consists of a 10-kilometer underground portion, 25 stations/stops, track work, signalling, communications and related infrastructure that will provide 60% faster travel times. The ECLRT project is utilizing the Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP) delivery model.
- Finch West LRT: will add 11 kilometres of new rapid transit that will run along the surface of Finch Avenue West from the new TTC Finch West Subway Station at Keele St. to Humber College. It will have 16 surface stops, plus an underground interchange station at Finch West and one below-grade terminal stop at Humber College, where it will connect with GO, MiWay, Viva and Züm. It will provide vital connections between communities and supporting growth in Northwest Toronto. The Finch West LRT project is utilizing a design-build-finance-maintain (DBFM) delivery model.
- The Sheppard East LRT: will add 13 kilometers of new transit along Sheppard Avenue. The Sheppard East LRT project will consist of a 1.1-kilometer tunneled connection to Don Mills subway station and 26 surface stops along the alignment.
The Metrolinx RT program also includes the supply of new LRT vehicles and related infrastructure, including the design and construction of stations and facilities including operation centers, maintenance and storage facilities and transit terminals in the GTHA.
Comtech is providing strategic Program Management consulting services to support the successful initiation, planning, design, construction, monitoring and control of the projects that form the RT Program. We are bringing program management best practices and lessons learned from an international scale to Metrolinx to support the successful delivery of one of the largest transit expansion program in the City of Toronto’s history.
Our consultant team is working collaboratively within Metrolinx’s integrated, matrix program delivery environment, forming a collegial partnership to support Metrolinx in managing multi-billion-dollar transit and related infrastructure projects simultaneously.
We are providing a proven program management framework built on a foundation of proven best practices, processes and cutting-edge program management and project controls tools. As part of our scope of services, we have developed and implemented an extensive set of program management and controls tools – partnering closely with Metrolinx to provide industry leading Program Management Information Systems (PMIS) for robust, integrated and real-time program planning, execution, monitoring and control.
Comtech’s consultant team is providing full-scope Program Management and Technology services for the RT Program including, but not limited to:
- Owner’s Representation
- Program & Project Management and Control
- Program/Project Planning
- Schedule Development, Management and Control
- Budget Management and Control
- Cost Management and Control
- Contract Management and Administration
- Claims Analysis and Dispute Resolution
- Project Change Management
- Risk Management and Mitigation
- Program/Project Reporting
- Program Management Information Systems (PMIS) Implementation and Management
- Business Systems Implementation and Management
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Program Accounting, Financial Control and Financial Administration
- Program Audit and Compliance
- Document Management and Control
- Stakeholder Management
- Training and Knowledge Transfer Management