York Region Rapid Transit Corporation (YRRTC) vivaNext Program
The YRRTC vivaNext program is a $5+ billion urban transportation and infrastructure program that will deliver a comprehensive Rapid Transit system across York Region. The vivaNext program includes multi-modal Rapid Transit including Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), the Yonge Subway Extension, facilities and terminals, an operations maintenance and storage facility, new transit vehicles, infrastructure and intelligent transportation systems (ITS) technology.
The vivaNext program is a key part of the Metrolinx Big Move Plan to reduce traffic congestion in the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area (GTHA) as York Region contains some of the most congested utility corridors in Canada. The vivaNext program consists of 34.6 kilometers of dedicated lanes for BRT rapidways being constructed, 7.42 kilometers for the Yonge Subway Extension with an additional 34.2 km of BRT pending approval of funding.
Comtech has been selected by York Region as its Strategic Program Management Consultant for the delivery of the multimodal, multi-billion dollar vivaNext Program. As part of the vivaNext program scope, Comtech is working with the York Region Rapid Transit Corporation, the City of Toronto, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), and Metrolinx to perform the detailed planning, design and engineering work for the Yonge Subway Extension. The project will extend Yonge Subway line from Finch Station to Richmond Hill Center.
In 2017, Comtech was selected as a strategic partner with YRRTC to provide Program Management Consultant (PMC) services for the successful delivery of the vivaNext Program. Upon our commencement, our consultant team executed a Transition Plan from a previous service provider which was successfully completed in less than four months. During this transition period, we successfully integrated and deployed our full-scope Program Management team.
Our team conducted a number of transition activities. These included that our team conducted included mobilization, scope planning, onboarding of key staff, gap analysis of existing policies/processes/procedures and workflows, development of a Program Execution Plan, Program Management Information Systems (PMIS) development and recommendation, shadowing of existing staff performing services and formal transition handover.
Comtech is providing full-scope Program Management Consulting Services for the vivaNext Program including, but not limited to:
- Full-Scope Program Management and Program Controls
- Program Governance Management
- Engineering Design Review
- Commercial Management
- Contract Management and Contract Administration
- Claims Management and Mitigation
- Program and Project Planning
- Schedule Development, Management and Control
- Forensic Schedule Delay Analysis
- Risk Management and Mitigation
- Cost Management and Control
- Program and Project Reporting
- Program Management Information Systems (PMIS) Development, Implementation and Management
- Document Management and Control
- Project Agreements Support
- Technical Compliance Management
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Health & Safety Assurance
- Bid and Tender Package Development
- Procurement Support
- Asset Capitalization